… after years of Disney, fairy stories and Hollywood movies where the girls always get a ‘happy-ever-after’ I thought that romance meant there was a knight in shining armour, or Prince Charming, with big romantic gestures ready to sweep a girl off her feet and ride off into the sunset of ‘happy-ever-afters’.
But you know what?
I don’t want sunbursts and marble halls – to quote Anne of Green Gables.
The most romantic thing for me is the most precious commodity anybody owns … time!
Just spending time with that special someone is worth more than any amount of a flash extravagance.
And when you are spending time with someone – even if it’s just a few hours, you can almost make time stop, so it feels like for ever.
It’s the simple things that mean the most.
– Long kisses.
– Talking about anything and everything.
– Walks at sunset.
– Holding hands so that you don’t know where your hand ends and theirs starts.
– Listening to music in the candlelight.
Romance doesn’t have to cost the earth.
Sometimes the simplest things have a way of making you feel like everything is … magic 😉
Obviously, going all Disney, he has to be Prince Charming who will whisk me off my feet, then we’ll ride off into the sunset on his white steed and live happily ever after 😉
But I know fairy-tales don’t really exist, and there’s no riding off into the sunset to live happily ever after, relationships are hard work!
So following on from my “Perfect Man” post, here’s my ‘shopping list’ in no particular order 😉
- Over 6ft please – I’m 6ft in heels, and seriously would prefer to look up to someone in the physical sense rather than eyeball them!
- Someone who likes to take care of themselves, but not to the extreme though;
- Hair & Eye Colour – seriously doesn’t matter;
- Someone kind and considerate – I’m sure there must be some men out there who are?
- Someone not averse to helping with housework chores, including cooking – clothes washing aside (we already know how anal I am about that!)
- Someone I can respect, who will respect me in return;
- Someone in tune with emotions, theirs and those of others;
- Someone who loves me for who I am, faults included;
- White Charger (optional) 😉
Not an extortionate request is it?
I don’t care what they do, how much they earn, or any other materialistic clap trap. At the end of the day I just want someone who will treat me with kindness, compassion and respect.