Now, let me state from the outset this is not a list of New Year Resolutions.
It is just a list of things I would like to do during the coming year – some off the bucket list, some not.
So , here goes, in no particular order:
- Read Tolstoy’s “War and Peace” – I’m up to Chapter 5, still another 98% to go according to the Kindle.
- Learn to speak Spanish – so I can understand and answer back. I’ve already bought a ‘speak-a-long’ CD which is pretty good, so I’m hoping to finish that and practice with some of the mums at school – who, thankfully just happen to speak Spanish 😉
- Learn to play the piano – at least learn how to read to the left hand line of music and know where the notes go and bash out a simple tune.
- Take a singing exam – just for fun.
- Learn to knit and actually knit something!
- Go and see Mamma Mia – dressing up optional 😉
- Try and do one of my exercise DVDs every day – yes, this might actually be straying into resolution territory, but I have some 10 minute workout DVD’s which are great and I am sure I can squeeze 10 minutes in a day … somewhere 😉 Need to work on my core strength – at the moment it sucks and a better core will help my posture in ballroom – apparently 😉 It might also tilt my pelvis back into its proper alignment – miracles do happen!
- Train my chimp so I can actually get things done as opposed to constantly doubting myself and my ability and end up doing nothing.
- Make and try a different soup each week. It is one of the few ways I can get SC to eat vegetables, and I’m a little tired of mud soup. I have just bought myself the Covent Garden Soup Company “365 Soups” book, so there should be some I can try 😉 Looking at maple roasted parsnip soup for next week, or I might try brussel sprout soup 😉
- Start writing my book – long shot one. I have a couple of good ideas, I just need to put them into some sort of coherent structure and plan it.
So, there you have it. 10 things I would like to get around to doing in 2014. Hopefully 75% of them are achievable and I will keep you updated of progress made.
What would you like to do next year?