I would be that clown.
I cry at anything. It doesn’t take much. Tears of emotion rather than actually outburst of sobbing, I hasten to add. I’m emotional but not that bad. If something touches me, I start to well up.
So what makes me weep:
- Films – the best films to get me going are: An Affair to Remember, Camelot, Schindler’s List and Carousel;
- Books – I have been known to well up reading books. I turned to the last page of Roots and started! Other books that made me cry were Boudica by Manda Scott – that was rather embarrassing as I happened to be on the commuter train home at the time. I had to bite my lip spectacularly hard and put the book away. Only when I got home could I read the bit I had got to, and blubbed big time! The Red Tent by Anita Diamant and Anne of Green Gables – where her and Gil get together (sigh!)
- Music – music is very emotional and it can be a pop song, or a piece of classical music, that gets me going. It only takes 5 notes of the theme tune from Schindler’s List to start me off, amongst many. It really depends what mood I’m in. If I’m feeling a bit low, or have been thinking too much about things I have no control over, then it really could be anything from the Carpenters to Snow Patrol!
- Children – I well up every time I go and see SC at school, concert, assembly. Probably emotional pride and happiness, but it gets me going. Working with children I get very emotional when, for no reason, they just give me groups hugs at the end of class, or it’s the last day of term and I’m not going to see them for a while.
- Getting hurt – but then, doesn’t everyone!
What was the last thing to make you cry?