But, basically all people can be split into 2 categories. You are either a cat-lover, or a dog-lover.
There are pros and cons for both animals. Here are my top 3 for both categories:
- You have to go out for walks in all weathers at least twice a day
- You have to pick up their poo in a bag and carry it to the nearest receptacle – if you do not, then shame on you
- Whining and barking at anything that moves
- They cover up their own mess – albeit in the middle of your flower bed!
- Soft and cuddly
- Quiet (except when they are tormenting some creature they have bought you as a present!)
- Tendency to scratch furniture and/or you
- Independent – they will not come to heel, they will take a message and get back to you when it suits
- You need a suitable disposal method for all forms of wildlife, dead or alive, they bring into the house – and not be squeamish
I, for the record, am a cat person. It’s not that I dislike dogs, I was attacked by one when I was little so am a tad wary of big dogs. Some of my friends have dogs and they are just the soppiest things going! And I must be softening as I have promised SC that when we have our own place we can have 2 cats and a dog!!
So, what type are you?